Are you facing a slow internet connection issue with your Netgear router? If yes, then this is the right post for you to gain knowledge to resolve the Netgear router’s slow internet connection. Just walk through the below-given information. It might be helpful for you.
Solution: Netgear Router Slow Internet Connection
Choose an Optimal Location
While configuring your Netgear router using the 192.168.1.2 IP address you need to be careful while selecting the location of your Netgear router. Consider placing your Netgear router away from the objects that use radio frequency to avoid any kind of interference in your WiFi signals.
Check Your Power Supply
You are required to check the power socket through which your Netgear router is connected as it needs to be free from any kind of damage. If it’s damaged or short-circuited, then switch your Netgear router into another socket. Additionally, you are required to inspect the condition of the AC power cable. If any damage to the power cable can cause a power outage. Therefore, change or fix the cable if you find any damage. Else, the issue will continue to arise.
Verify your Internet Connections
Netgear router needs a stable internet connection to work smoothly. Therefore, you are required to check the Ethernet cable if you are using a wired connection. Any damage to the Ethernet cable can affect the speed of your Internet. So, change the Ethernet cable if you find any damage to it. While using a wireless connection, always place your WiFi-enabled device within the range of your Netgear router to avoid loss of signals. We suggest users prefer a cable connection while accessing Netgear router setup wizard using the 192.168.1.0 IP address.
Run A Speed Test
Check whether your device is getting an adequate internet speed from the ISP. For that, you are required to run a speed test on your device. In order to check the speed of your Internet connection, go to the Command Prompt on your computer device and type Ping 192.168.1.1, and hit the Enter button.
If it’s displaying a slower internet connection as compared to normal speed, then you need to contact your ISP to fix the problem.
Update Netgear Router Firmware
Using an outdated version of the Netgear router firmware can also be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of the Netgear router’s slow internet connection issue. To make your task simple, here we are listing step-by-step information to upgrade the firmware of your Netgear router to its latest version.
- You are required to switch on your Netgear router and the computer device.
- Then, go to the internet browser and access the Netgear login page by accessing 10.0.0.1.
- On the Netgear login page, you need to enter the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- Thereafter, you will view the Netgear router setup wizard where you are required to visit the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab, click Administration and then select Firmware Update.
- Now, you need to select the Check option to look for the new updates for the Netgear router firmware.
- Click Yes to start the update process if the new update is available.
- Then, you are required to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process of your Netgear router firmware.
Finally, your Netgear router is updated to the latest version.
Reset and Re-configure your Netgear router
Resetting your Netgear router to the default factory setting is needed when none of the above-mentioned methods will work. It’s a simple process but some users find it hard to do. Therefore, here we have disclosed a simple process to reset your Netgear router to the default factory mode.
- You are required to look for the Reset button on your Netgear router.
- Once you have identified the Reset button, press and hold the button till the LEDs start blinking.
- Then, your Netgear router will restart automatically and will be restored to the default factory settings.
Now, you need to reconfigure your Netgear router from the scratch.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting methods will help you resolve the Netgear router’s slow internet connection without any trouble.